Exercise your rights.
Debt collector harassment phone is illegal. Unfortunately, most people don’t realize that there are federal (and, in some cases, state) laws on the books to protect them. The primary federal law that prohibits debt collection harassment is the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA).
Here are some of the behaviors that the FDCPA prohibits:
- Calling many times per week
- Calling before 8:00 a.m. or after 9:00 p.m.
- Phoning you at work when you’ve asked them not to
- Using profane or abusive language
- Threatening you
- Talking to other people about your debt
- Calling repeatedly for the wrong person
- Contacting you after you’ve asked them not to
We’re tireless advocates who are ready to fight for your rights. That’s how we’ve recovered more than $50 million for more than 25,000 clients. If your FDCPA rights have been violated, you could recover up to $1,000.
We’ll never beat around the bush, and we’ll always give you our honest opinion about your chance of recovering money in an FDCPA case. Submit your free case evaluation form or give our office a call to talk about your potential case.