Diversified Consultants (DCI)
Diversified Consultants, Inc. (DCI) of Jacksonville, Florida, has been in the business of collecting debt in the telecommunications industry for over 18 years. DCI Collections been known to collect for Sprint, Nextel, T-Mobile and others. Diversified Consultants bills itself as a full service third-party collection agency specializing in the recovery of telecom bad debt at any level of delinquency. Diversified Consultants, Inc. proudly boast that their newest building – DCI has moved four times since its founding – has room for 250 collectors.
Diversified Consultants Complaints
As is the case for many debt collection agencies, Diversified Consultants complaints are many and varied. A quick Internet search reveals a tremendous number of Diversified Consultants Inc. complaints on consumer discussion boards. As of March 2013, the Better Business Bureaus had logged 200 closed Diversified Consultants complaints over the past three years, including 116 closed complaints in the past 12 months. Nevertheless, the BBB had given DCI Collections an A+ rating. In addition, there were over a dozen Diversified Consultants lawsuits filed in federal court during the first three months of 2013 alleging violations of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
Stop Diversified Consultants Harassment
When a debt collection agency shows a pattern of deliberate misrepresentation and attempts to confuse consumers from whom they are trying to collect, the best course of action is to cut off telephone contact with the company. It is also important to be aware of the rights granted you as a consumer under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. For example:
- A debt collection agency – whether Diversified Consultants, Inc. or any other debt collection agency – must send you a debt verification letter within five days of first contacting you.
- You have 30 days from receipt of that letter to dispute all or part of the debt, but you must dispute it in writing within that time window.
- If you dispute the debt, the debt collection agency must go back to the original creditor and confirm that you owe the debt. They may not contact you again until they have either confirmed the debt, in which case they must supply you with the confirmation, or discovered that the debt is invalid, in which case they must stop attempting to collect from you.
- At the same time that you send your dispute letter, you can also demand that the debt collection agency cease contacting you by telephone and restrict all contact with you to the mail, or that they not communicate with you at all concerning this debt. If you inform them that you have a lawyer, they must direct all communications about your debt to your lawyer.
- If a debt collector – whether from DCI Collections or any other agency – continues to contact you after you have expressly told them to cease contact, they are violating the law. You have the right to take them to court and sue them. If you win your suit, the agency may have to pay you up to $1,000 in damages, as well as paying court costs.
Diversified Consultants Address
Diversified Consultants, Inc. (DCI)
10550 Deerwood Park Blvd., Suite 309
Jacksonville, FL 32256
Diversified Consultants Phone Number: 800-771-5361
Lemberg & Associates’ team
of consumer attorneys is highly
skilled and ready to help you
with debt collector abuse.
If you have been the victim of harassment or illegal or unfair debt collection practices, Lemberg & Associates will discuss your options with you and protect your rights. For more information, contact Lemberg & Associates today at .
Learn More About Us
"The FDCPA is a consumer protection statute and was intended to permit, even encourage, attorneys like Lemberg to act as private attorney generals to pursue FDCPA claims."