Is 866-725-2769 Calling You? Sue Them for $500-$1,500!
If you’ve been receiving calls from 866-725-2769, chances are you’ve had it with them. The good news is that you don’t have to put up with telephone harassment. You can sue the caller and recover up to $1,500 per call. Here’s what you need to know about 866-725-2769:
- 866-725-2769 is a number used by National Recovery Agency.
- National Recovery Agency is also known as the NRA Group, and is both a debt collection agency and a debt buyer.
- National Recovery Agency is headquartered in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.
If you’re not familiar with debt buyers, here’s what you need to know:
- When a consumer doesn’t pay a bill, the business eventually has to write off the debt as uncollectible and remove it from their list of assets.
- The original creditor (a credit card company, a cell phone provider, or any other business) can bundle its old debts and sell them to a company like National Recovery Agency.
- National Recovery Agency buys the debt portfolio for next to nothing, and then turns around and calls consumers from 866-725-2769 in order to try and collect those old debts.
- Because National Recovery Agency paid so little for the old debt, it has to collect very little in order to turn a profit.
Calls from 866-725-2769 Can be Upsetting
Here’s the situation…. When National Recovery Agency calls from 866-725-2769, the debt collection agency may upset consumers. Around the web, consumer discussion boards are overflowing with complaints about calls from 866-725-2769. Here are just a few excerpts of what consumers are saying:
- One harassed consumer noted, “I keep getting calls from this number in the morning. I got a call this morning and kept saying hello, but no one answered so I hung up. I’m on the National Do Not Call list, so why do they keep calling?
- Another noted, “This is the second toll-free incoming call I’ve had today. Both times, when I answered hello, there was silence, then a ‘click’ and they hung up on me. It’s extremely annoying.”
- A third said, “This person calls two to three times per week. They never leave a message.”
When you’re on the receiving end of phone calls from 866-725-2769, it can be annoying. One consumer wrote, “I’m tired of them calling me!”
Other Complaints about Calls from 866-725-2769
Consumers have a wide variety of complaints about calls from 866-725-2769. Here’s a selection of other online comments:
- One person reported, “They calls my cell phone, wait, and hang up. Everyday. 8:30 a.m.”
- Another consumer noted, “Get about 20 calls from them per day. A lady asked for my husband. We are on the ‘do not call’ list and have zero outstanding debt.”
Phone harassment is an all-too-common tactic of debt collection agencies. In today’s technological age, pre-recorded messages (robocalls) and automated dialing systems mean that most debt collection agencies autodial consumers, and only connect them with a live person when a consumer actually answers the phone.
It’s Time to Fight Back!
While it’s awful to be exposed to debt collector harassment, the good news is that you can stop the abuse. The federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) says that you can sue harassing debt collectors and recover up to $1,000.
In addition, the Telephone Consumer Protection Act gives you the right to sue harassing callers and recover up to $500 – or triple that amount if the caller knowingly and willfully violated the law.
If you’ve been receiving phone calls from 866-725-2769, it’s time to call Lemberg & Associates. Here’s why:
- Lemberg & Associates has helped more than 8,000 clients recover more than $20 million.
- We can help you sue debt collectors under the FDCPA, and it won’t cost you a dime. Our legal representation is 100% free because debt collection agencies that violate the law are required to pay our fees.
- We can also help you sue harassing callers under the TCPA. You don’t have to pay a dime in out-of-pocket expenses. We work for you on a contingency basis and only get paid if we win.
So why wait? To stop debt collectors in their tracks, call Lemberg & Associates or complete the form to the right. We’ll fight for the justice you deserve.
Lemberg & Associates’ team
of consumer attorneys is highly
skilled and ready to help you
with debt collector abuse.
If you have been the victim of harassment or illegal or unfair debt collection practices, Lemberg & Associates will discuss your options with you and protect your rights. For more information, contact Lemberg & Associates today at .
Learn More About Us