Is 800-265-8825 Calling You? Sue Them for $500-$1,500!
If you’ve been receiving calls from 800-265-8825, you’re not alone. The good news is that you don’t have to put up with harassment. You can sue the caller and recover up to $1,500 per call. Here’s what you need to know about 800-265-8825:
- 800-265-8825 is the primary phone number for Midland Funding.
- Midland Funding is a debt buyer that calls consumers in order to try and collect on charged-off debt.
- Midland Funding is based in San Diego, California, and is a subsidiary of Encore Capital Group, a publicly traded company (NASDAQ: ECPG) that is in the business of buying and selling old debt.
If you’re not familiar with debt buyers, here’s how they operate:
- When a consumer doesn’t pay a bill, the company (a credit card company, a doctor’s office, or any other type of business) eventually has to write off the debt.
- The debt can no longer be considered part of the business’ accounts receivable and is no longer an asset.
- The original creditor can bundle its old debts and sell them to Midland Funding or any other debt buyer.
- Midland Funding buys the debt portfolio for pennies on the dollar, and then turns around and calls consumers from 800-265-8825 in order to try and collect those old debts.
When Calls from 800-265-8825 are a Case of Mistaken Identity
But here’s the deal…. When Midland Funding is calling from 800-265-8825, the debt collectors are often calling the wrong person. Around the web, consumer discussion boards are rife with complaints about calls from 800-265-8825. More often than not, those complaints revolve around cases of mistaken identity.
- One harassed consumer posited, “Apparently, these guys just go through the phone book looking for people with similar names and call them up, hoping to get to their target debtor.”
- Another consumer reported, “They have called for five days straight for someone I don not know. I have advised I do not know them and to remove my phone number from their list.”
- A third said that the debt collector calling from 800-265-8825 relentlessly called for someone he did not know, even though his outgoing message contained his name. “They will not stop calling even when I’ve told them they have the wrong number!”
This phenomenon is all-too-common with debt buyers. This is because, when buying a debt portfolio, the consumer information debt buyers receive is often either sketchy or out-of-date. For example, the debt buyer may receive a consumer’s name, but not their current phone number. Alternately, they might receive an old address and call the current occupants in search of a consumer who moved on years before.
Other Complaints about Calls from 800-265-8825
Cases of mistaken identity comprise one type of complaint about calls from 800-265-8825. Other consumers complain about persistent, harassing phone calls.
- One person reported that the calls “start as early as 7:30 a.m. in the morning” and go on until “10:30 at night.”
- Another noted, ”I have been getting at least three calls from these people, seven days a week, starting at 8:00 a.m. and going as late as 7:00 or 8:00 p.m. at night.”
When you’re on the receiving end of phone calls from 800-265-8825, it can be both frightening and annoying. One consumer wrote, “They call all day long, various phone number combinations, driving me NUTS!”
It’s Time to Fight Back!
While it’s awful to be victimized by debt collector harassment, the good news is that you can stop the abuse. The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act says that you can sue harassing debt collectors and recover up to $1,000.
In addition, the Telephone Consumer Protection Act gives you the right to sue harassing callers and recover up to $500 – or triple that amount if the caller knowingly and willfully violated the law.
- Lemberg & Associates has helped more than 8,000 clients recover more than $20 million.
- We can help you sue debt collectors under the FDCPA, and it won’t cost you a dime. Our legal representation is 100% free because debt collection agencies that violate the law are required to pay our fees.
- We can also help you sue harassing callers under the TCPA. You don’t have to pay a dime in out-of-pocket expenses. We work for you on a contingency basis and only get paid if we win.
So why wait? To stop debt collectors in their tracks, call Lemberg & Associates or complete the form to the right. We’ll fight for the justice you deserve.
Lemberg & Associates’ team
of consumer attorneys is highly
skilled and ready to help you
with debt collector abuse.
If you have been the victim of harassment or illegal or unfair debt collection practices, Lemberg & Associates will discuss your options with you and protect your rights. For more information, contact Lemberg & Associates today at .
Learn More About Us