Is 404-865-3326 Calling You? Sue Them for $500-$1,500!
Calls from 404-865-3326 can make you feel like you’re at the end of your rope. Fortunately, you’re not alone. In fact, there is some good news. You don’t have to put up with debt collector harassment. You may not realize this, but you can sue the caller and recover up to $1,500 per call. Here’s what you need to know about 404-865-3326:
- 404-865-3326 is a number used by the debt collection agency Portfolio Recovery Associates.
- Portfolio Recovery Associates buys huge quantities of charged-off debt and then tries to collect on it.
- Portfolio Recovery Associates is based in Norfolk, Virginia.
If you’re not familiar with debt buyers, here’s what you need to know:
- When a consumer doesn’t pay a bill, the business eventually has to write off the debt as uncollectible and remove it from their list of assets.
- The original creditor (a credit card company, a cell phone provider, or any other business) can bundle its old debts and sell them to a company like Portfolio Recovery Associates.
- Portfolio Recovery Associates buys the debt portfolio for next to nothing, and then turns around and calls consumers from 404-865-3326 in order to try and collect those old debts.
- Because Portfolio Recovery Associates paid so little for the old debt, it has to collect very little in order to turn a profit.
When 404-865-3326 Calls for Someone You Do Not Know
But here’s the bottom line…. When Portfolio Recovery Associates is calling from 404-865-3326, the bill collector is often calling the wrong person. Around the web, consumer discussion boards are vocal with complaints about calls from 404-865-3326. More often than not, those complaints revolve around cases where the person on the receiving end of the calls doesn’t know the person that Portfolio Recovery Associates is looking for.
- One harassed consumer wrote, “They called me twice today from this number. I am so sick of their phone calls. They say I owe a debt but do not produce any facts of this supposed debt.”
- Another said, “These people have been calling me for years for a debt someone else owes.”
- A third reported, “They call many times to ask me to pay debt since 2000. I have never have had any debts.”
When buying a debt portfolio, the information debt buyers receive about consumers is often out-of-date. For example, the debt buyer may receive a consumer’s name, but not their current phone number. Alternately, they might receive an old address and call the current occupants in search of a consumer who moved on years before.
404-865-3326: Even More Complaints
Calling the wrong person is only one type of complaint about calls from 404-865-3326. Other consumers have a variety of other types of complaints:
- One person noted, “Called and left no message and it was a Sunday.”
- Another frustrated consumer wrote, “They call me at all hours and with different numbers, and they never leave a message. Don’t know who they are looking for or what they are calling about.”
When you’re on the receiving end of phone calls from 404-865-3326, it can be both frightening and annoying. It’s time to put a stop to the calls.
Get the Justice You Deserve
While it’s awful to be victimized by debt collector harassment, the good news is that you can stop the abuse. The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act says that you can sue harassing debt collectors and recover up to $1,000.
In addition, the Telephone Consumer Protection Act gives you the right to sue harassing callers and recover up to $500 – or triple that amount if the caller knowingly and willfully violated the law.
If you’re getting calls from 404-865-3326, this is why you need to call Lemberg & Associates:
- Lemberg & Associates has helped more than 8,000 clients recover more than $20 million.
- We can help you sue debt collectors under the FDCPA, and it won’t cost you a dime. Our legal representation is 100% free because debt collection agencies that violate the law are required to pay our fees.
- We can also help you sue harassing callers under the TCPA. You don’t have to pay a dime in out-of-pocket expenses. We work for you on a contingency basis and only get paid if we win.
So why wait? To stop debt collectors in their tracks, call Lemberg & Associates or complete the form to the right. We’ll fight for the justice you deserve.
Lemberg & Associates’ team
of consumer attorneys is highly
skilled and ready to help you
with debt collector abuse.
If you have been the victim of harassment or illegal or unfair debt collection practices, Lemberg & Associates will discuss your options with you and protect your rights. For more information, contact Lemberg & Associates today at .
Learn More About Us